his course gives you the opportunity to build an extensive and diverse portfolio of practical work demonstrating your individual talents in drawing, painting, sculpture and multidisciplinary areas of art and design.
You will develop skills in experimentation with a wide range of materials, techniques and processes, generating ideas through visual research and creative exploration.
This course takes students on a very personal and highly rewarding journey, developing their individual styles through a range of stimulating and thought provoking assignments.
Tutors, all fine artists, help you to explore the work of others through educational visits to local and national galleries. There are also opportunities for you to participate in residential visits to international art galleries in places such as Barcelona or Madrid. This is an exceptional experience for students and aims to direct them to career pathways that suit their individual talents and passions.
Entry requirements: A minimum of four GCSEs A*-C including maths and English minimum D plus a portfolio of work.
Final grades from the BTEC will give the following maximum UCAS point score of:168
*English Language and Psychology availability is subject to course timetable. Please see BTEC Extended Diploma + 1 A-Level entry criteria for eligibility.
CAREERS & STUDY
- Community Artist
- Art Therapist
- Exhibition Curator
- Youth Arts Officer
- Arts Development Officer
- SUMMER SHOW BRINGS JOBS AND DEGREE SUCCESS FOR YOUNG ARTISTS
- LEADING ART AND DESIGN SCHOOL ENCOURAGES STUDENTS TO DISCOVER THEIR POTENTIAL AT OPEN DAY
- DESIGN WORKSHOPS INVITES YOUNG ARTISTS TO GET CREATIVE
- STUDENTS ELEANOR AND ROBYN LEAD THE WAY WITH OUTSTANDING RESULTS FROM TOP ART AND DESIGN COLLEGE
- SUCCESS LEADS TO SECOND ART EXHIBITION FOR PINK STEAM